Monday, January 25, 2016

Piroshky Piroshky is Delicious Delicious

I finally made it to Piroshky Piroshky for a savory Russian pastry and found a future cigar box purse along the way.

You can't browse a Visit Seattle guide without being directed to Pike Place Market, an indoor marketplace with floral vendors, fresh fish, spices, pasta and independent artists selling their designs. 

The overall feel of Pike Place is pride - experts in their field promoting their offerings in a bustling atmosphere.  After you read about the fish throwing mayhem at Pike Place Fish, the guides generally branch out and include specialty restaurants nearby.

Piroshky Piroshky is a popular Russian bakery that actually has to have crowd management on weekends. A young staffer hands out menus and allows customers into the space in front of the glass case, just a few at a time. There are ropes out front just like Disney World, to mange the throngs of tourists hungry for an endorsed snack.
The bakery is tiny, but it does offer a a few stools and a long ledge to allow for on site eating. Dan and I were lucky to secure a spot, which is where I took the photo of my delicious ham, cheese and spinach piroshky (tender pastry, rich filling - the perfect cozy meal!) along with my newest cigar box. 

I found a cigar shop along one of the back alleyways across from the main Pike Place Market and I could not resist it's shape or color. Someday someone will have a fabulous handbag, compliments of this rainy morning of exploring Seattle. If you need a red cigar box purse now, I have two in stock. Please browse my Etsy shop for more information.

No comments: