Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Divine Dining in Issaquah: Montalcino

Halibut and shrimp and risotto, oh my! I ordered the special at Montalcino Ristorante Italiano and it exceeded my expectations for a quiet dinner out on a Tuesday night.

The halibut was light and gorgeous and topped with two enormous shrimp (one replacing a scallop because I'm allergic). The star attraction was nestled in a bed of creamy risotto and it was all blanketed in a just right lemon herb sauce. I ate every bite and was proud of it.

It was a long and lovely evening spent with new friends. As we raved over each bite (Kobe lasagna, Seafood pasta, Halibut), I think each person thought that their choice was the gem of the menu. While pricey, this restaurant serves gorgeous food in a cozy atmosphere and it is absolutely where I would take a special guest in order to woo them to Issaquah. 

No comments: