Sunday, August 20, 2017

Seattle: Goldfinch Tavern after Seattle Art exhibit

We celebrated my birthday with a lovely dinner at Goldfinch Tavern, in the Four Seasons. It is located right across the street from the Seattle Art Museum, so it was the perfect spot to eat with Shannon after we saw the Yayoi Kusama "Infinity Mirrors" exhibit.

I ordered the fennel-crusted halibut with spring peas. It was light but satisfying and was dressed in a lemon thyme sauce.
I started with a chilled heirloom tomato soup that was delicious on this hot day. I have been longing for decent tomatoes with real flavor and this soup helped me feel like summer and the good tomatoes were finally here.
I had to have dessert and was so happy to see a chocolate/cherry combo on the menu. This was a rich chocolate mousse terrine with dense butter cake, poached dark cherries, chocolate crumble and vanilla ice cream. Yum x10.

No comments: