Saturday, August 12, 2017

Spartan Send-off Picnic: Michigan State Alums Encourage Incoming Freshman

(photo credit: Dennis Fredell)

Last weekend, I was happy to attend a picnic hosted by the Seattle Spartans - the Michigan State University alumnae group in greater Seattle. This group is managed on Facebook and primarily organizes MSU football and basketball watching events at sports bars throughout the year.

This picnic was attended by Jim Cotter (Director of the Office of Admissions) and Dan Seidman (Manager of West Coast Recruitment) and was designed to allow Michigan State alumnae the chance to encourage and support students about to fly across the country to begin their freshman year. 

It was great to hear from Jim & Dan about the number of incoming freshman from the West Coast and I pledged to help share my story and recruit students if they need me. I loved my time at Michigan State and I agree with the woman I overheard at the picnic. She was talking to a shy student and said, "You're going to love it!"



No comments: