Monday, September 11, 2017

Mushroom Still Life at the Issaquah Farmers Market

I love going to farmer's markets, don't you? I see beauty everywhere and I take a lot of pictures. Apples are pretty. Sunflowers are commanding. Tiny potatoes are charming. I could go on and on. Yet sometimes I see a display and stop in my tracks. 

This display looks perfect to me. The combination of mushrooms and fabric creates an image that is puzzle-worthy. A mushroom still life where the fabric on the table actually improves the look of what is displayed on top. It is very unusual to see a farm market booth with this much visual strength. Bravo.

Color (gray, khaki, stone and cream) and Texture (smooth as silk or as lumpy as cauliflower) remind us that natural is wonderful. I'm sorry that I didn't catch the name of the vendor, but this product is available at the Issaquah, WA farmers market every Saturday thru October 1.

Now that I think about it, I am decorating my living room in these shades - with touches of plum, light blue and peony during the summer.

#mushrooms #designideas

No comments: