Monday, September 18, 2017

Daring Rugs: Style Right Out of the Magazines

I can only pat myself on the back when something I choose for the house ends up in the magazines. I saw this Moroccan Diamond rug online and knew that it would add a colorful/Pacific Northwest/Native American touch to our cream foyer with dark wood floors. 

In my mind, it's perfect and I would recommend it to anyone drawn to it. I felt in sync with the HGTV magazine editors for they have featured a similar diamond print rug in two price points in their Hi/Low List in the October issue.
When the rug arrived, I sprayed it with Scotch Guard fabric and upholstery protector so that I can have a leg up on stain fighting. Dan says it's mean to make people enter the house on an off white rug, but I'm not afraid. I love how this looks and I'll deal with the consequences later. And yes, this is the Pacific NorthWET, I will put down a cotton throw rug to absorb damp feet when the rainy season begins.

No comments: