Friday, September 8, 2017

That's the Spirit: Antique Pennants

I photographed this beautiful melange of pennants at booth in the Fremont Sunday Market. I wasn't ready to buy, but I can imagine someone pouncing on this collection to decorate a cabin or lake house with plaid blankets and vintage pennants. Look at this page from Midwest Living magazine to see what I mean. It looks warm and storied, just like a house should.

The Fremont Sunday Market in Seattle is not for the faint of heart. More crowded than a garage sale, far worse than a flea market...you have to be ready for an odd mix of items and ephemera. It is not on my regular route, but if I
m feeling lucky, I glance over the tables looking for a treasure like this. 

#vintagesigns #pennants #antiquing #collecting #Seattle

No comments: