Tuesday, September 12, 2017

QuatroStyle Kitchen Tiles: Easy Reasonable Striking Removable

This is the kitchen in my new house! We just put in the backsplash behind the burners. We have stainless steel appliances, so I love how the gray and white of the tile echos the metal finishes.

You should know...my new tile backsplash is made of stickers. I'll let that sink in for a minute. 

Stickers. Adhesive stickers. Removable stickers. Low commitment stickers. I know! I am just thrilled.
I have been pouring over design magazines for months. I watch Chip & Joanna on Fixer Upper. I look at the binder of images I've collected over the years. I have Pinterest boards for my Pinterest boards. It has been great. So I can't tell you exactly what source led me to QuatroStyle on Etsy, but I can tell you that I ordered within days of finding them.

I spent $84 for these 30 sticker tiles. While that may seem like a lot for stickers, it is nothing compared to the price (and permanency) of installing real tile. Nothing.
Look at the same area of the kitchen, just minutes before installation and compared to the first photo, I know you'll agree that the tiles add a lot of visual oomph.
The installation was simple. The only think you have to be conscious of is finding the center of the area you are covering. I chose to start there so that the rows would be centered and even. I took my time peeling and sticking the tiles, but it still couldn't have taken more than 40 min. I have since tacked up 2 pieces of white trim molding to blur the depth between the wall and the stickers. Tiles would have depth, so the molding gives the illusion of depth. When I get a chance, I'll take a picture that includes the molding to show you.

Easy. Reasonable. Striking. Removable.

Thank you, QuatroStyle!

#interiordesign #designonabudget #ididit #kitchen

No comments: