Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fondue Night

Last night, the Junior League of Birmingham hosted a social event to help members to mix and mingle.

It was a cold January night, but my friend Corinne and I bundled up and headed out for a night of fondue at The Melting Pot.

I absolutely loved it. A room full of new and old friends, glorious cheese fondue and (my favorite) this flaming "turtle" chocolate fondue with caramel and pecans.

Our table of seven talked and talked - about movies, books, travel and our personal projects for the year. As I sat there, I couldn't help but think how lucky I was to be a part of this outstanding organization.

I had a room full of smart, fun-loving volunteers and all the time in the world to talk to them - fantastic.

2 comments:

Torch Lake Prep said...

You are right, the JLB is a great organization of women! Wish I could have been there last night, but I had to present at a church mtg. Next time !

MmeBenaut said...

Fantastic! I served a chocolate fondue on Christmas night - with fruit too. Marshmallows are delicious to dip into chocolate fondue too.
I can't manage the cheese one without it making me very sick but before I learned of my intolerance, I indulged once or twice and I certainly remember it being delicious. We used to add just a few drops of Kirsch to thin out the cheese a little bit.