Friday, July 18, 2014

OMG it's Ommegang!

I have had "find Ommegang fruit beer" on my to do list for ages. Yesterday I found a selection of it by accident. I was in Costco and noticed a display of wooden crates tipped on an angle, full of medium size bottles with wire cork caps. Hmmm...

I couldn't believe my eyes. There were 3 varieties of Ommegang (Hennepin, Three Philosophers, Abbey Ale) available by the bottle, each around $7.  I bought 4 to try and this is how pretty they look on the shelf in my refrigerator. The beauty of everyday moments, right? I really don't drink, but I know that Dan will think its fun to try these and remember our first taste back at the Beekman Boys farm.

Josh Kilmer Purcell and I are old friends from college and his husband, Brent Ridge and Dan and I have tried our best to see each other whenever we can. I am hoping to see them again soon on a book signing tour for their latest masterpiece, The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Vegetable Cookbook

Anyhoo, last summer we took a vacation in upstate New York and were able to visit Josh at home on the farm.  We caught up around the kitchen table and ate some of their delicious Beekman 1802 cheeses and drank Ommegang fruit beer, which paired perfectly. Ever since that trip, Dan occasionally mentions that fruit beer and I have been meaning to track it down.  Thank you, Costco!

No comments: