Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Northwest Flower & Garden Festival: Come With Me

For those of you who are new to my blog, I'd like to answer the question: Who am I and why am I writing so extensively on the Northwest Floral and Garden Festival

I am a blogger who writes about things that bring delight - food, design, travel, garden, crafts, sugar, ribbon etc. I've publish over 2,500 posts these last 12 years, all with my original photography. I have also written 3 books on Moments of Delight, Finding Delight and Paris: Delight in the City of Light

In terms of gardening, I love it all. My mission is to dissolve the barrier between busy American women, who get their information and inspiration through their phones, and the “you-need-to-know-a-lot” world of horticulture.

Some facts about me:
I am a suburban gardener from Southeastern Michigan who suddenly moved to Seattle and started a new life with my husband in the Pacific Northwest.

I probably love a lot of things that you love and after years of hearing about the Northwest Flower and Garden Festival, I finally had the chance to attend when we were shopping for an apartment near Seattle in 2014. I was so impressed by the sheer scale of the gardens, the volume of vendors selling not only garden tools and implements, but also plants, indoor/outdoor artwork, garden design elements, water features as well as clothing, hats and clogs that make a day outdoors more pleasant. I have returned to the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival every year, covered it in my blog and I am thrilled to lend them my support. 

Fast forward 5 years and I am now a Regional Director of GardenComm, formerly GWA: Association of Garden Writers and I've been asked to judge a new award to be given at the show!

Next week, when the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival opens on February 20th, I'll be there. 


#NWFGS #NWFGF #springinfeb #gardener #gardenlover #gardening #gardenshow #seattle #seattleblogger #finddelight #youbeyou #finddelight #springiscoming #garden #delight #lovewhatyoudo

No comments: