Friday, May 28, 2010

Counting Sheep


This photo makes me want to hum a lullaby. A sweet mama sheep and her baby relaxing on the big day. Last Saturday morning, I was at the "Spring Fiber Day" at the Mt. Bruce Station in Romeo, Michigan.

It was a beautiful day to walk the farm, shop from vendors selling yarn, knitting needles with straw sheep toppers, and all things wool-related. My favorite display was of a "flock of sheep" made from wool rovings and pipe cleaners. I bought one of these sheep on impulse because of the way he cocked his head - adorable!

As part of the festivities, the farm had scheduled sheep shearings that morning too. I have a feeling that this warm cloak is to keep the mama's precious wool clean.

Once a sheep is shorn, they look entirely different and a little chilly. Can't you see this confused lamb asking, "Are you my Mother?

2 comments:

LillyB said...

How sweet! I agree with you...they have a calming effect!!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Lilly! I had a sheep hot water bottle growing up that looked surprisingly similar!