Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flower Arranging Tip

As far as I'm concerned, the flowers do all the work when it comes to flower arranging.

I love to build a small bouquet of complimentary colors and shapes - making sure to include some green leaves (and a touch of mint!).

But my secret weapon...

Orchid clips! Often called "daisy clips" they are small green or brown clips that hold an orchid stem to the supporting stake.

These clips are perfect for holding the flowers in your small bouquets just how you want them. I always nab one of these clips off my orchid and "re-purpose" them here!

Once you've arranged each flower into the bouquet, hold the stems together and clasp them securely with an orchid clip.

Voila! Your bouquet is ready to drop into a vase of water. When the water needs to be changed, the entire bouquet lifts out easily, you refresh the water and then return the bouquet to the vase. No rearranging, no drooping stems.

Let the gardening begin!

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Gosh, you have Lantana in there too. I love the polka dot vase.

LillyB said...

I love fresh flowers!!These are so pretty!!