Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ginger Limeade

Bento box, anyone? I was so glad that I was able to sneak in a trip to Teaism while I was in Washington, D.C.

Teaism is a restaurant that blends the tastes and traditions of an Asian tea house with the informality of American life. You can drop in, walk up to the counter and order and eat within minutes. This is my chilled teriyaki salmon bento box with edamame, pickled cucumber-ginger salad and rice - yum! Devoured this along with my favorite in-house beverage: Ginger Limeade!

I've been making and drinking Ginger Lemonade for years and I thought it was time to crack the code and share a super-simple Ginger Limeade recipe with you.

Open one can of frozen limeade concentrate and empty it into a large pitcher. Note the amount of water required to reconstitute the limeade (usually 4 1/2 cans worth of water). Bring that amount of water to a boil. Peel & dice 3-5 Tablespoons of fresh ginger. Add to boiling water and allow to steep for 10-15 minutes like tea. Strain ginger from water with a sieve and add ginger water to the frozen concentrate. Chill and enjoy over ice!

If you would like even more ginger flavor, you can now buy bottled ginger juice and that is sure to kick it up!

2 comments:

LillyB said...

This sounds refreshing!!

Anne Reeves said...

Try it this Summer, Lilly - it is bound to be hot in Florida now - Drink up!