Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Glittered Shells

I named my style of decorating, "Swedish Beach House" years ago when I was assembling furniture and linens for our new house.  Painted tables, oval back chairs and plate racks coupled with a seashore palette of cream, shell pink, and blue gray.

This holiday season I wanted to add some sparkle in unexpected places around the house.  I decided that if I am truly a Swedish Beach House, I should have more shells around!

I took an inexpensive container of shells from the craft store, painted Sobo glue on them and then glittered away with a collection of Martha Stewart fine glitter from Michaels craft store.  They dried in minutes and you can see that I have them displayed in an antique dish.

When the sun shines into my family room, this display actually twinkles! 

Trust me, if you want to add a little gentle fabulousness to your house this year, try glittering something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! You are so creative.

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! You are so creative.

Elaine said...

Shells are so beautiful by themselves, but with Martha's glitter they just pop!

Anne Reeves said...

Gee- thanks!

Corinne said...

Those look so neat they look jeweled!

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Corinne! They are blinding when the sun hits them just so! Love it! I'd wear them around my neck if I could!