Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Darling Clothespins

What took me so long?  I mean really, I've thought about gluing pretty scrapbook paper onto plain wooden clothespins for months.  When I finally sat down to do it, it only took about 15 minutes to make them!  I wish I had tried it sooner, I would have had more time to enjoy them.

Right now I am using them to manage the stacks of papers in my office.  These piles are no match for paper clips!  And they are SO much cuter.

The "instructions" for making these are embarrassingly easy.  Find pretty scrapbook paper - I like using a mix of similar papers, instead of making a set of matching clothespins, but it is up to you.  Use a glue stick to rub a thin layer of glue on one side of the clothespin.  Smooth glue out with you finger if necessary.  Stick paper to clothespin, lining up one end and one side so that it "fits" perfectly on the clothespin and smooth out bubbles/wrinkles, if any.  Allow to dry.  When it is dry, cut excess paper off of the other two side of the clothespin where the paper hangs over.  Start the same process on the other side.  Voila!

I found myself using the assembly line system.  I worked on 5 different clothespins (on one side) and let them dry.  By the time I got to the 5th clothespin, the 1st was about ready for me to work on it's flip side.  Very efficient.  And super cute!

No comments: