Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Decant Honey

I know that I am a little kooky sometimes, but I have had "decant honey in Beulah" on my to do list for over a year now.  Last Summer, I was in the Market Basket in Beulah and noticed this local honey display, isn't it neat?  Customers bring their own container and a salesgirl will decant "dark" or "light" honey for you.

So this year on my annual jaunt around Benzie County with my mom, I made sure to stop at Crystal Crate and Cargo (a great housewares store in Beulah) first to buy something that I could decant honey into.  No easy task, but I settled on a Salad Dressing Shaker/Measuring Cup that has a tight seal.
("action" shot - decanting honey)

And the best part is that the honey is fabulous!  I bought the light variety and I've been drizzling it on nonfat plain Greek yogurt with a sprinkling of raw almonds every morning this week - yum!  

No comments: