Monday, September 17, 2012

Water Lily


Ooh la la...for a brief moment I fooled myself into believing that I was at Giverny, Claude Monet's home and gardens which was the setting for many of his famous water lily paintings.  I have always wanted to visit Giverny, which is about 45 minutes from Paris, but I have never scheduled it into my itinerary.  In the past, something wonderful has always trumped it, but I intend to make it a priority the next time I visit.

I am thinking about making this image into an art print for my family room.  You can easily upload a photo to the Costco Photo Center and have it printed on a stiff museum-quality semi board that you can then hang on the wall.  The treatment is casual, but effective.  Remember how pretty my hollyhock photo turned out?

Sometimes the best art for your home is something you created yourself.  And when Costco makes it this easy (you can also order canvas prints, which are more expensive, but also more formal), why not give it a try?

No comments: