Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Books As Art: When Covers Add Color

My new decorating success: I've filled the baker's rack in my foyer with my favorite coffee table books.  My favorite part? My collection is easily accessible! I can walk right up and browse my own little library.  They are easier to lend to friends when they are right here too - I can pull one off the shelf and hand it over with hearty recommendation for a particular recipe or chapter on design.
I also love that the books themselves add color and dimension to the entryway.  The cookbooks can be inspiration for dinner and visual art for the hall all at the same time.  For the last year or so, I have displayed my collection of antique dishes (called Chelsea or Grandmother's China) on this rack.  It is delicate and pretty to showcase china this way, but I have to say that right now I am appreciating the heft of books.

Do you have an area of the house that you could breathe new life into with a display books of your own? Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: