Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Seattle Skyline: A Priceless View for Free

This has to be one of the best views of Seattle. When I first arrived, my friend Kathy drove me all the way over to Alki Beach, just so that I could see this view. There is a large boat launch/park area that offer plenty of parking and benches nearby to help you relax and enjoy the view. 

We took a drive over last weekend and it was the perfect day for a photograph. You can see the waterfront's equivalent of "planes, trains and automobiles" - kayaks, tug boats and cruise ships all appear in the same frame.
We also saw this King County Water Taxi that travels back and forth from downtown Seattle to Alki Beach. Wouldn't that be a fun way to get out on the water? I want to do it. Passengers can ride one-way for $5.25. 

No comments: