Thursday, June 23, 2016

Apartment Living: Baked Goods & A Roaring Fire

Let's just say we were having a good night. Dan and I are living in an apartment outside Seattle as we transition our lives to Washington. Our apartment complex is brand new and in addition to having a nice swimming pool and community garden, they have an outdoor fireplace!

I knew that we would like sitting outside around a fire in the evening - who wouldn't? But until we walked over with a thermos of decaf and some blueberry gateau, did I realize just how perfect this is for us.

It was around 7:30 in the evening, a little too cool for swimmers, so we had the whole place to ourselves. While we made be crowded inside the apartment, this kind of amenity makes our space feel much more open.

*Have you made "my" blueberry gateau? I have written about it so much that many of the internet photos of blueberry gateau are mine! It is a wonderful recipe first printed in Country Living magazine and I know you'll love it.

No comments: