Saturday, January 5, 2008

Simple Salt Scrub

For years I planned an annual "Winter Weekend" getaway in Northern Michigan for my girlfriends. I made travel packets, planned shopping itineraries, arranged dinner reservations - I was a regular Julie McCoy. It was really fun - one year we had 21 women participate. Our "Welcome Party" was always late on Friday night. We'd gather in one condo for ice cream drinks & a simple craft that I had arranged. A big hit was the "Simple Salt Scrub" and with the dry winter months ahead, I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!

Mix 3 cups coarse kosher salt, 1 cup safflower oil and 8 drops of your favorite essential oil (I like rosemary or lavender) into a paste. Transfer your salt scrub into a glass or plastic container & store in a cool, dry place. To use, massage approx. 2 Tablespoons of salt scrub into your hands and cuticles. Rinse off with warm water & pat dry. Your hands will be so soft. (Do not use if you have a small cut, as the salt may sting.)

No comments: