Monday, October 19, 2009

Tailgating

It all went according to plan. It was a gorgeous Fall day and we were on campus for the big Homecoming Game at Michigan State University. My Dad went to MSU, my brothers & I went to MSU and now my oldest niece is a freshman. As many of us as possible made our way to East Lansing to tailgate, watch the game (we won!) and cheer from the stands.

We secured a great parking spot for our tailgate and spent the morning setting up tables and chairs, arranging our picnic fare (see my football-shaped brownies!) and making friends with the families around us. I had not attended a tailgate in years and saw some really fun arrangements that make me want to do this more often! I saw one father cooking french toast for his tailgaters on a flat top griddle - nice! The family across the way had a portable Coleman grill and they cooked pork chops (we tried some - yum!), kielbasa and peppers/onions. The smell was incredible and my Dad is hooked. I definitely think grilling "on site" is in our future.

Thank you, Spartans, for a great day! It was good to be "home."

No comments: