Monday, March 29, 2010

London Calling

Well, actually, it is "David Austin English roses" calling. I am taking my first trip to England in June!

Having celebrated several seasons with me in my blog, you know that my favorite roses (Abraham Darby, Heritage, Lillian Austin, Graham Thomas) are propagated by David Austin. I am taking a pilgrimage to Albrighton to see his garden (of 800 rose bushes!) in person and hopefully meet the rose master and his son. Can you stand it? I am so excited I can hardly see straight.

That is where you come in. I need your "I loved it!" suggestions for sights/shopping/dining in London (we'll be there at least 3 days) and anything wonderful near Albrighton (North/West of Birmingham).

Think of the photos! I will be doing an entire blog series on Spring in England when I return.

No comments: