Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yarn Technology

Have you seen the latest in yarn technology? Lion Brand Yarn has released "Ruffles" - a knit tape that creates a ruffle out of a traditional stitch. The tape has little holes in the weave - you slip your needles into the holes and knit as you normally would. The tape drapes as if some elaborate stitching is happening - love it!

It will be a short Winter White scarf with ruffle detail on both ends. I can't wait to wear it with a cream sweater - gorgeous!

I love technology.

3 comments:

LillyB said...

I love ruffles!! They are romantic looking to me! I do not knit and I only know one crochet stich, however I love what talented people can make with yarn!!

Elaine said...

Okay - I have been thinking about taking up knitting again and now I know for sure that I will! Thank you for posting this - who doesn't love ruffles?!

Anne Reeves said...

Wonderful, Elaine! And Lilly, the package says you can crochet with it too!