Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Marzipan Vegetables

Do you know about marzipan? Popular in Europe, it is an almond paste candy that is sold in a variety of shapes. One of the best features of marzipan is that it lasts forever! I have had this set of Spring Vegetables since 1995! Every year I bring out my little baggies of vegetables, arrange them in a tiny market basket and wait for Spring. You see, I am not a marzipan eater, I am a marzipan admirer.

If you'd like to buy some marzipan fruit and vegetables, I found this online source (in the United Kingdom that ships internationally). Or maybe you've always wanted to try your hand at making some yourself! This little mold looks like just the ticket. Neat, eh? My advice is to buy pre-made marzipan and then tint & shape it from there. I figure the easier the process is, the more likely we'll do it.

Yes, I said we'll. I am hoping to try my hand at marzipan in the next few weeks. Stay tuned and Happy Spring!

No comments: