Saturday, October 9, 2010

Collecting Vintage Ornaments

I have started another collection.  I know, I am crazy!  I am already collecting:
  • Chelsea Dishes
  • Salt
  • Cookie Cutters
  • Dishtowels
  • Paper buildings
But it is so much fun!  Anyway, this is more of a project than a full blown collection.  I want to be able to put a bowl of vintage ornaments on display on my front table.  I'll only need 20 or so and then I am finished, I promise.

You are here with me on Day One.  This is my first vintage ornament and I bought it for 25 cents at our church rummage sale this week. 

I love the hunt for charming inexpensive items.  I don't want to spend more than a dollar or so.  That's what makes it so wonderful - the sum and sparkle is greater than the actual value.

If you know of an estate sale or someone who is trying to get rid of old (and worn) glass Christmas ornaments like this, will you tell me?

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I collect vintage ornaments as well! Actually, my mom got me started when she gave me her collection of ornaments my parents bought when they first got married. I put the ones I don't put on the tree in a pretty bowl and they so lovely displayed each year. You are going to have so much fun collecting them AND displaying them!

Anne Reeves said...

So sweet! I would love some with a story like that!