Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Last Bouquet

(Sigh) I think these are the last flowers to be picked from my garden in 2010. This is a teacup bouquet of hydrangeas, lantana and roses (Tahitian Sunset, Daybreaker and Honey Dijon). 

What an incredible year it has been!  Remember this?   

But in order to appreciate my floral bounty, I think it is healthy to have a break from it.  My husband pointed out long ago that my "favorite season" is always the next season, so bring on Winter with its holiday cheer, hot cocoa and cozy fires.  This gardener has some novels to read!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Anne, Please share some of the novels you are going to read. Our winters are long and cold.

Anne Reeves said...

Gina - I’ll recommend a few that I’ve read: Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen (a story full of whimsy and dating), Astrid & Veronika by Linda Olsson (an unusual book about friendship between 2 women of different generations – set in Sweden. Slow but beautiful), The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (a charming story of how the people of the Channel Islands coped with the German occuppation. Full of great characters and memorable moments).

*I also suggested 2 books that I hadn't read yet. I have since deleted that comment because I started to read one of them and it was awful. Please disregard those suggestions if you wrote them down. A