Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Salad Bar "To Go"

Tah-dah!  This is my salad bar "to go."  I was going to my book club last night and wanted to make sure I would be able eat something healthy.  Everyone always pitches in and brings different appetizers (this serves as dinner for most of us), but gooey cheese dips and hummus really can't replace dinner in my book.

So I decided to bring something beautiful, healthy and delicious.  The best part is that it is a snap to assemble.  Leave the components in piles and everyone can compose a custom salad on their plate.

Salad Bar "To Go"   
Fresh mixed greens (in center)
Tiny grape tomatoes
Canned garbanzo beans, drained
Fresh cauliflower
Edible Flowers - so pretty to have a touch of orange!
Flat leaf parsley (looked great, but unnecessary)
Raw walnut halves
French Breakfast radishes
Fresh broccoli
A bottle of Kraft Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette Dressing

3 comments:

Patricia said...

I guess your sallad option was popular, very beautiful and appetizing .. =)

Have a nice day!
Hugs Patricia

pS! I´ve installed a translater to my blog so all my friends can read it .. =)

Anne Reeves said...

Yes, they loved it! And good for you - a translator will be a big help! Have a great weekend!

Joey K. said...

yum! That looks amazing :)