Monday, January 7, 2013

Clean and Quiet

Many times over the last 10 days, I've wanted to pick up the house and "shake" all of the Christmas decorations into one corner.  Can you relate? Every January I am certain that I have too many holiday touches!  But as of this morning, the house is finally clean and quiet, with all of the decorations safely stowed in the basement.  

The only colors in the house right now are the many shades of cream, white, aqua and oatmeal and that is okay with me.  It's relaxing.  It's peaceful. It is what I need after a hustle-bustle put-a-bow-on-it holiday season.  

I often talk about decorating your home so that you can "look at what you love." It is just as important to put the extraneous stuff away once in a while so that you can give your eyes a rest.  Your treasures will be all the more special when you bring them out again.

No comments: