Saturday, June 6, 2009

Detroit Eastern Market

"Oh, what a beautiful morning..." How I love this time of year! This morning my good friend, Barb and I went on our annual pilgrimage to Detroit's Eastern Market (the largest historic public market district in the United States) to shop from the best-of-the-best local produce. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and we strolled the market stalls for hours admiring everything from bunches of asparagus to pots of herbs.

What did I buy? An armful of rhubarb, spring onions, new potatoes and some gorgeous flowering kale. Am I making you long for fresh fruit and vegetables? You can locate your local farmers' market here.

2 comments:

Bettina said...

Wow this looks so fresh - and these small baskets are just wonderful. Love it. I can imagine you had a great day at this market.

Anne Reeves said...

It was one of those picture perfect Spring mornings. We had such a good time walking around with coffees and buying vegetables. What could be better?