Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Tisket A Tasket

This picnic basket is very important to me. It literally reminds me of when I discovered that I could "make" things.

I had always done needlework, light sewing, painting etc. But about 15 years ago, when I my Mom offered me some beautiful yellow floral "plasticized" fabric, I really wanted to put it to good use.

How I "leaped" to a reversible picnic blanket, I'll never know. But I remember taking the yellow print to the fabric store to find a coordinating print. I found a cute pink & blue stripe and sewed the 2 together to make a picnic blanket. Then I bought an inexpensive picnic basket, some batting and a glue gun and started "lining" the picnic basket. It was so cute, I surprised myself. I even made a padded "arm rest" to make it easier to carry the basket on a picnic.

Every year since then, we have packed a picnic dinner in this basket and gone to an outdoor concert of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Tonight is the night and I
simply can't wait.

A tisket, a tasket, I love my picnic basket.

3 comments:

Karna said...

Love your picnic basket, beatuful fabric...

MmeBenaut said...

I hope you had a lovely time. You are so clever Anne and it was interesting to learn how you started out.

Anne Reeves said...

@Mme: It was glorious...
@Karna: Thank you!!