Friday, June 5, 2009

Place & Thing

How can you make your desk seem a little more yours? Create a simple paperweight that really says something about you.

You know that I love people, but this time I am suggesting that you highlight a place & thing. In my case, I chose a map of Paris and a gorgeous clip-art butterfly. It represents me "fluttering" around Paris. I am using a craft to do story-telling.

You will need an empty glass or acrylic paperweight, an interesting background paper and a smaller flat item layer on top.

You could layer:
  • a candy wrapper with a ticket stub
  • a beautiful magazine ad with a clip-art butterfly
  • a map of your grandparents' town with an antique stamp
  • a wedding invitation with a pressed flower

Have I started you thinking? What combination would you like to make?

No comments: