Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baked Alaska

It was the right thing to do. Ordering the Baked Alaska, that is. My friend, Corinne and I were celebrating her birthday with lunch on the patio and this sweet treat gave us a little more time to enjoy the beautiful weather. Yum.

I have a culinary torch (the kind used to brown this dessert) and have been experimenting with it lately. Maybe I should shift from marshmallow to meringue and try making individual portions of this famous dessert. If they are little, I could call them Baked Juno or Baked Fairbanks. Get it?

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

For some reason we call this dessert "Bombe Alaska". I haven't had a taste of it since I was about 15 years old. One simply doesn't see it on menus here these days. I think it takes a skilled chef to pull it off but I'm sure you could manage a "Petite Alaska", Anne.

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Mme! I promise to show you if I try it.