Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Stockings

I gave myself permission to combine whatever materials I wanted to make stockings for the family room.

I got creative and layered elements that I love.


I started with aqua and white cotton dishtowels - I love everything that happens in the kitchen, so I sewed the foundation of the stocking from them.

Quilted white fabric was the perfect "applique" to add some puff to the basic shape.

My favorite part is the fringe I made from a map of northern Michigan!

On Christmas morning, I hope mine is brimming with candy, lipsticks and pretty note papers! What do you hope to find in your Christmas stocking?


4 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful! Love the whimsy of adding the fringed map of northern Michigan.

Anne Reeves said...

Yes, it looked to neat I had to try it!

MmeBenaut said...

Wow again. These are so beautiful Anne.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Hilary Swenson