Friday, November 26, 2010

William and Kate

How wonderful!  Prince William has announced his engagement.  He will marry the lovely Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey on April 29th, 2011.

I can only imagine that little shops all over England will be celebrating with displays like this.  (I took this photo in Stow-on-the-Wold at the height of the World Cup!)  I love visual enthusiasm.

I have been an admirer of Princess Diana since I was eleven-years-old and have a collection of commemorative objects from the Royal Wedding in 1981.  I can't wait to add a small dish or glass that commemorates Prince William's engagement to my collection. 

When I was a girl enjoying the excitement of a Princess' wedding (and the years following with the birth of her children), I never looked ahead and realized that I would be able to watch her children grow and marry too.

As one of the millions of people that loved Princess Diana, I am here to send my Best Wishes to the happy couple. 

To Prince William and dear Kate, if you need anything just let me know.  I am a friend of your mother's.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I remember being a young bride myself when Diana married Prince Charles. I got up at the crack of dawn to watch the wedding. I'm looking forward to Prince William marrying his princess. Oh, and I've hosted two weddings, myself, so I'd also be very happy to help... teehee :)
Blessings!

Anne Reeves said...

Fantastic, Susan! I wonder if William realizes how many of us would love to help! :-) Thanks for commenting! Anne

MmeBenaut said...

Good for you, Anne! In retrospect, it's not hard to realise that Diana had a very difficult life and yet she managed to shine through most of it. Her death was a tragedy for her sons and it is very gratifying to see William choose his delightful fiancee. I can't wait for their wedding either. I had just married myself when Diana and Charles were wed - such a spectacular occasion, especially for those of us from the antipodes who have English heritage (or English and French, in my case).