Monday, August 31, 2009

Princess Diana

I pulled out some of my Princess Diana treasures to show you.

I was just 11-years-old during the engagement and Royal Wedding and I collected picture books, clipped magazine articles for my scrapbook and treasured every glimpse I got of Diana.

My enthusiasm for the princess was well-known and friends and family brought me these treasures back from their trips to England. It is hard to render me speechless, but I was, every time.

I kept these items displayed in my bedroom on a bookshelf and I thought it was lovely.

It seems sad to display them now, so I keep them tucked away, memories of a happier time. Today I am remembering Diana, she certainly brought me delight.

3 comments:

Bettina said...

Oh Anne, I was about that age too and I adored her and collected these items as well. I even had the same haircut.
I will never forget the morning when we heard the news about her death and it was real sorrow I felt.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection.

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Bettina. I know that so many people feel just like we do.

LillyB said...

She was a true princess...in her heart! A good person, good intentions. As one of her son's turns 25 today, I felt a pang of sadness that he must miss his mother so much. She was truly an inspiration for all to do good things and help others.