Thursday, August 6, 2009

Delicious Corn Soup

Could I make things any easier for you? Not a chance. If you are looking for a light Summertime soup to serve with grilled chicken or a big salad, this is the recipe for you.

Corn Soup

Empty 2 (15 oz) cans of sweet corn kernels (drained) into the blender. Add one can worth of 2% milk, 2 Tablespoons of flour and 2 Tablespoons of butter. Blend. Pour into a saucepan and cook until the soup is slightly thickened and piping hot. Ladle into pretty bowls, grind fresh pepper and salt on top and garnish with a basil leaf. Voila! Homemade soup that will be an instant hit. Enjoy!

5 comments:

The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Anne,
Your soup scores very high in three categories, easy, (sounds) delicious, and relatively healthy. I'm love corn soup and can't wait to give this recipe a try.
I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
Nola @ The Bloom Girls

Anne Reeves said...

Wonderful, Nola! Thanks for letting me know - and tell me how it turns out!

Tracy said...

Funny that you posted this...I made a zucchini and dill soup today for the first time and it was mediocre, to say the least. I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking how I wished it was corn soup!
Thanks!

Anne Reeves said...

I've been there, Tracy. So glad I could swoop in with an easy corn recipe for you! Enjoy, Anne

Jim said...

Looks tasty! I've referred this article to Susan who's husband loves corn pudding :) and Deb who tells me she :just loves sweet corn" in the summer :)