Thursday, February 10, 2011

12 Days of Valentine's Day: Paper Clay

Be still my heart!  Would you believe that I made this gorgeous heart by pressing Delight paper clay (I'm serious, it is called Delight!) into a mold from House on the Hill?

This project was the brain-child of my Mom's and we used her mold and clay to make 4 perfect hearts to hang from a ribbon.  They look like plaster, but they are light-weight paintable hearts made of paper clay.  It is so easy and so neat!  Happy Day 8.

Day 8: I want to inspire you to do some crafting...whatever you are comfortable with.  Cut out tissue paper hearts to scatter on the table.  Stick Valentine's stickers on plain white napkins.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Janice said...

I'm curious if you will paint this in any way and how you are going to use it. :-) Janice

Anne Reeves said...

Hi Janice. My mom wants to paint hers to look like a wooden plaque. I think I am going to leave mine white and hang it buy a piece of ribbon. Still can't decide where I will hang it, which will determine the ribbon color. Stay tuned! :-)

Janice said...

Either way sounds nice. I had never heard of paper clay before and find it fascinating. You have so many wonderful ideas! Thank you. :) Janice