Friday, August 19, 2011

Camera Ready

To be able to capture dewy moments like this, you have to take your camera with you everywhere.  That is what I mean when I say "camera ready."

We have been having coffee on the patio every morning (*sigh* I don't want summer to end) and I was still in my pajamas when I took this picture.  I walk out each morning with coffee in one hand and my camera in the other.  When I saw the dew drops clinging to this blossom, I knew you had to see it.

This rose is a David Austin English Rose called Heritage.  When its buds are just beginning to show color they look like they were piped from pink frosting. 

When you hear someone describes a rose as "tissue paper pink," this is what they mean.  Simply gorgeous.  If you have a favorite aunt or dear mother-in-law that you are looking to spoil, this is the rose bush to send her.  David Austin (and his son of the same name) are based in England, but you can order any David Austin rose from their location in Texas.  This is delight!

No comments: