Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reflecting on Summer

As funny as it sounds, this moment made me wish that I had a canoe.  Paddling down a river when the water is flat like glass has to be the most relaxing thing in the world.

I was having dinner on a patio by the river when the early evening light started to change and I noticed that the entire landscape was reflecting in the water.  The blues and greens blended back and forth and I felt very lucky that I was there to capture it.

I feel the same way about the blur that I call June-July-August.  This has be a wonderful Summer packed with fun.  We've had long stretches at the cottage, friends in from out of town, family parties and long phone conversations that have left me feeling more connected than ever - and I've got the photos to keep these memories fresh in my mind.  As you reflect on your Summer and the conversations and connections that made it special, look through your photographs (are they still trapped on your camera?) and print a few of the special ones. 

Whether you magnet them to the fridge or frame them grandly on the piano, the glimpse back to your Summer will do you a world of good. 

No comments: