Saturday, August 13, 2011

Northern Michigan Winery

Would you believe that I took this photo just yesterday?  I spent the day exploring Old Mission Peninsula in Traverse City and captured this view from the vineyard at Chateau Chantal

The ribbons of interest are as follows: the vineyard, a red barn and farm house with pine trees, a cherry orchard, a swath of trees and farmland, the water of West Grand Traverse Bay and the shore beyond.  I love the layers and texture, don't you?  It actually includes all of the elements that I have been looking for in a needlepoint landscape. 

I know it sounds ambitious, but this really is the scene I would like to convert to a needlepoint canvas.  I'd translate it using the same colors, designate special stitches to make each tree in the orchard stand out, do a long stitch to replicate the wooden planks of the barn.  Oh, I think it would be wonderful.  A lot of work, but wonderful.

Someday, when I have a little time, this will become my needlepoint canvas.  A girl can dream, can't she? 

No comments: