Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Needle Arts Studio

A few years ago, I was watching the PBS show "Needle Arts Studio with Shay Pendray" (Shay now collaborates on Knitting Daily TV). At the time it was the only needlework show on television (long before Knitty Gritty and Uncommon Threads) and I watched it faithfully. One day as the credits rolled I noticed that it was filmed in Detroit! I couldn't believe my luck.

I emailed Shay and asked if I could come talk to her (I had suggestions for show segments and I love needlework!). After a great visit, she invited me to watch the taping of her show a few weeks later at PBS. So cool! I sat in the "green room" section just off camera all day, chatted up the guests and had a wonderful time. What you see here is the set for her show - rows and rows of needlepoint thread. I was in heaven. Thank you, Shay!

No comments: