Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eskimo Kiss

When I am traveling, I'm always on the lookout for things that bring delight. My sisters-in-law in Texas are "on board" with this concept and consider it their mission to take me places that we don't have in Michigan.

Enter The Eskimo Hut.

We were driving home on a hot, Houston afternoon when Susan announced, "I know what you'll like!" and pulled into, what looked like, a car wash. To my amazement, it was a drive-thru frozen daiquiri store. You can order almost anything, but much of the draw is that you can get a "real" frozen margarita to take home and enjoy. Since it was mid-afternoon, we opted for nonalcoholic Pina Coladas and a few Diet Cokes, but it was really fun. Somehow choosing from a million flavor combinations (with names like "Code Red," "Orangesicle," and "Hurricane") and ordering from the car window, made us feel really wild. We got our giant drinks, popped in a straw and happily slurped all the way home.

3 comments:

Kimmers said...

I've got an "opposite" new business proposition to give Starbucks a run for their money: How about a "Coffee Cabana" where you can drive through for Hot Buttered Rum, Irish Coffee or Coffee-and-Kahlua for wintery evenings like this one?

LillyB said...

Great Idea Kimmers!

Anne Reeves said...

Mmmm...hot coffee with Bailiey's, please.