Friday, December 12, 2008

11 Ladies Dancing: Christmas Decoration


Years ago, Martha Stewart published instructions for making a holiday garland to honor the Christmas carol "The 12 Days of Christmas." 

I loved the garland of the eleven ladies dancing and chose to recreate them as individual ballerinas. They're made from white poster board (I traced Martha's template) and are dressed in paper gowns I made. Some have tissue paper skirts, others wear ribbon dresses, some even have paper doily aprons, but the color scheme is always simply red and white. I would include a link to the template, but it isn't online. The Martha Stewart Living issue was from the 1990's.

I love these ladies that dance and swish their skirts around my Christmas tree.

3 comments:

LillyB said...

These are so sweet!! I love the idea. I just saw some antique paper dolls this weekend!!

Anne Reeves said...

Oh my, I would love some antique paper dolls. What a find!

Kimmers said...

GASP! I need to see this in person... Makes me want to put on a dress and twirl... Then break out my tattered childhood copy of "Little House in the Big Woods" for a read.