Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crumbs Cupcakes

My oh my, may this month never end!

I have always joked that I celebrate my birthday for the entire month of August. Partly because it's fun, partly because I can't eat all the bon bons and ice cream that I want all in one day (!) and partly because I want the world (and particularly women) to celebrate their life as much as they can, as often as they can.

I figure if I wholeheartedly proclaim that I am happy that it's my birthday and that "we should celebrate," it might encourage others to do so too. It's all in fun.

Well, yesterday my friend, Kerry took my "fun" to a whole new level. To make sure that my birthday month went out with a bang, she had 6 giant cupcakes sent to me from "Crumbs" in New York City!

I arrived home to find a Styrofoam box filled with dry ice and these beauties! They are:
  • Cookies & Cream
  • Red Velvet
  • Key Lime
  • Cappuccino
  • Caramel Apple
  • Candy

So far I have had some of the Cookies & Cream (so moist & chocolately!), Red Velvet (the frosting on this one is incredible - what do they put in it?), Caramel Apple (real fruit inside!) and Candy (moist and gorgeous yellow cake).

Here I am with Kerry in New York City back in 2005, she showed me the city, we met up with our friend Josh and filled the weekend with photos, events and cupcakes. To this day, it remains one of my favorite trips ever.

Thank you, Kerry, for making my birthday month extra sweet!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Anne, my recipe for Red Velvet Cake includes a recipe for icing - flour is an ingredient and it is a cooked icing. If I can find it, I'll pass it along.

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Marilyn! I've never made red velvet before. Reminds me of the funny armadillo cake in Steel Magnolias.