Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Visiting England: Emma Bridgewater Black Toast

This is one of my favorite photos from the trip..."Black Toast" by Emma Bridgewater as far as the eye can see. I bought 2 of these mugs and salad plates and matching napkins so that I can have a friend over for tea.

Part of what made my trip to Emma Bridgewater's factory, gift shop and cafe so successful was a salesperson named Sharon. She loved that I was calling my Mom from the store with my international minutes and she could hear (through the earpiece) that my Mom (who collects Emma Bridgewater) was so thrilled that I was actually standing in the shop.

She wanted to know which pieces my Mom had and as she wrapped my purchases in tissue, which items were a surprise for her. Sharon caught "the fever" and was having just as much fun as I was. She even took us up on the roof to see the garden! I'll show you that tomorrow.

As I took my bags and said good-bye, she said,"Say Hello to your Mom for me!"

Thank you, Sharon, she loves everything we picked out and said to say Hello right back!

No comments: