Friday, August 6, 2010

Visiting England: Lunch at David Austin's

Could this be any prettier? I was so happy to have a very girl-y lunch at David Austin's Plant Center, Tea Room and Garden Shop.

I toured (and photographed!) David Austin's extensive rose gardens for almost 2 hours before settling at a table with Dan for a nice relaxing lunch.

This is definitely a destination spot for ladies. I saw clusters of old friends, mothers & daughters and happy women everywhere.

My lunch was a delicious open-faced ham sandwich served on a gorgeous "Redoute Rose" plate (a china pattern that is available in the gift shop!). Such attention to detail!

I had every intention of coming back for a slice of this Lemon & Elderflower cake, but I ran out of time.

One more thing to add to my "Return to England" list.

No comments: