Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Candle


Look at this sweet Easter candle that I made for the kitchen!   

Many years ago, I bought a beautiful white pillar candle (similar in shape, but covered with old letters) made and decorated by Anna Corba at a shop in Savannah.  I have been on the lookout for plain wax-filled glass pillar candles ever since, so that I could design my own candle with layered images. 

So you can imagine how happy I was when I found this plain pink wax-filled glass pillar candle at Jungle Jim's in Ohio.  I immediately "knew" that I would make an Easter candle to light in the kitchen.  I went to my Dover Holiday Clip Art book, flipped to the Easter section and chose a "girl with a lamb" for one side and and a "small bunny" for the other.  I put a tangle of lilacs to decorate the base.  I printed out all of these images with my color printer onto plain white paper and then cut out and decoupaged the images onto the glass with Mod Podge.  Once the images had dried, I coated the entire glass with Mod Podge 5 times - allowing dry time between each coat.  Love it!

A little girl in an Easter dress - that is delight.

No comments: