Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lily of the Valley

What a treat!  I just returned home from my best friend's house with an armful of Lily of the Valley (say it with me in French, muguet du bois)!  She has a sweeping backyard full of shaded areas that are crowded with lily of the valley.  Lucky Girl!

Every year she gives me the high sign when they start blooming and I drive out for a visit and a chance to pick a giant bouquet.  This year we also dug up some pips to transplant into my yard - I really hope they take! 

I picked enough flowers today to making several arrangements around the house.  I especially love to have a tiny vase filled with a few blossoms in the first floor powder room - such a sweet touch. The bouquet above will be driven up north to the cottage this weekend - they are the ones we picked for my mom.

When you were watching the Royal Wedding, did you notice that Kate Middleton's bouquet was full of lily of the valley?  As a flower, it represents happiness.  All I can say is, Amen.

No comments: